Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Recipe



I don't know what has gotten into me lately! I have never been so obsessed with pumpkin. I used to be excited for September. As soon as the pumpkin spice latte was out from Starbucks, I would get one and be done with the season. This year, it's like I've flipped a switch and now I can't get enough!!! 
The other day I made pumpkin spice creamer from a recipe I saw on Pinterest. It turned out to be soooo good! Afterwards, I still had some pumpkin Puree left over. So, for breakfast this morning, I thought I would try to make pumpkin spice oatmeal. It turned out great, but if I would have had raisins, I think it would have been even better! 
Here is the recipe I made:


Ingredients:
-Water 1 3/4 cups
-Oats 1 cup
-Salt 1/8 tsp
-Sugar in the raw 2 TBS (I don't like things too sweet, you may want to add more)
-Ginger 1/8 tsp
-Ground Cloves 1/8 tsp
-Ground Nutmeg 1/8 tsp
-Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
-Puree Pumpkin 2 TBS
(Raisins would be yummy too!)

Directions:
Boil water and add salt. Mix in oats. Stir and cook for a minute.  Next, add sugar, spices and pumpkin. Let cool down for a couple minutes and enjoy! 
Makes 2 servings.

No comments :

Post a Comment