My low-sodium chicken noodle soup



Last week I was sick with a head cold.  I was so miserable, I decided to make chicken noodle soup.  When I posted a picture of it on my personal Instagram, I had one person text me and two people come up to me and ask about how I made it. So I decided to go ahead and post the recipe here. It's so easy to make. I don't know how to make anything small, so when I makes soups, I usually make a huge pot and freeze what I don't use for later.  I don't follow a recipe, so I apologize that I don't have exact measurements! Because this is low sodium, you may need to add bouillon cubes to yours!


Ingredients:
-Chicken
-Carrots
-Celery
-Onion
-Chicken Broth
-Minced Garlic
-Spices you like
-Egg Noodles


What I do:
The first thing I do is take my chicken and boil it until it shreds easily and I cut it up. While it is boiling, I take out my mandoline slicer and slice the carrots and celery stalks into thin slices. I then dice up my onions. Once the chicken is done, I throw the veggies, minced garlic and spices in. (I used Tastefully Simple's Salt-Free blend, Garlic Mrs. Dash, Onion Mrs. Dash, little oregano, and pepper.) I then add my reduced sodium chicken broth.  I let it all simmer until the veggies are soft.  (Taste it, if its not salty enough for you, you may need to add a bouillon cube or two.) I then Add the egg noodles and put the lid on for 5-10 min until they are soft. Then I scoop out and enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment