About those "good deeds"...



When I read this verse, it really spoke to me. I've never been one for the spotlight or one for attention. But it reminded me of a someone that I used to know.  She loved to pat herself on the back. She would constantly post about all the volunteer work she did and every time she did a "good deed." It got to the point where people would roll their eyes. 

A good deed isn't a good deed if you have to brag about it. 

It's great to do lots of volunteer work. It's okay to try to promote it somehow in order to make awareness for the cause, or to fundraise. But it's not from a good place in your heart if you have to boast

This year, I want to do at least one act of random kindness or good deed each week. I don't need to brag or boast, just knowing I did something for someone else makes me feel good inside. That is going to be one of my goals. 

Will you join me? 

No comments :

Post a Comment