I absolutely adore New Years Day! I love the idea of a "clean slate." You can take all the stuff you didn't like from this past year and make a resolution to make it better. This year, I am going to write out my list of resolutions and then, a year from now, see what all I accomplished. Anyone else want to join me?
- Get rid of the negativity! I am going to have a serious facebook and twitter clean out. I want to start with weeding all the negative people from my life. I want to surround myself with positive, inspiring and uplifting people! (Some people I follow: Joel & Victoria Osteen, Kimberly Jones-Pothier, Joyce Meyer...etc.) Over the past two years, I have had a lot of people who I thought were friends or love ones really hurt and betray me. I want only people I trust, and positivity in my life. Overall, I want meaningful relationships in my life.
- Read my bible. I don't mean read my bible in a year, I mean study and reflect on the word. I cant tell you how many times I have read it just to quickly read what I needed for the day. I have read the whole bible. Yet, there is so much I don't remember because I didn't take my time reading it. I'd rather take my time and actually get something out of it than to read it just to say I've read it in a year.
- Get healthy! No, I'm not talking about losing weight. I don't care about how much I weigh. I want to be more mindful of what I am putting in my body. I want to transition into a much healthier lifestyle. My sister has seriously inspired me to be grateful for my healthy body and to take care of it.
- Be more organized. I used to be more organized when I was in school. Then, I went a while after graduation with out a job. I just haven't been organized since. I feel a bunch of anxiety in my life because I am constantly looking for something, or forgetting something because I didn't write it down. Enough is enough and I NEED to pull my crap together!!!
- Make goals. There are some personal things I want to accomplish real bad this year. I want to write them down and put them out somewhere so it reminds me every day of my goals. I think I will have a much better chance of accomplishing them when I have reminders everywhere.
- Live. I am in such a rush all the time that I miss out on the little things in life. My sister has put so much in perspective for me. I need to slow down, relax, and live. Life in the moment and simply enjoy life.
What about you?
What are your resolutions?
I'd love to hear them!!!